Monday, March 05, 2007

Unbelievable. The world is going to hell; I can't get online for days –and when I finally do I'm greeted with phishing scam spam! Are these guys the most creative writers on the planet, or what?

From: "Rudolph S. West" < RudolphWest@malaysiaglobalmail.com>
To: terryogara@hotinternetmailco.com
CC:
Subject: Get Back To Me
Date: Mon Mar 05 03:53:15 AM 2007

Hello Fellow American,

This mail correspondence may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not met, I know that this is an unlikely platform to start this kind of relationship but I am constrained by the present situation of my circumstance and I request that you permit me use this medium to introduce myself.

I am a former marine retired to Kuala Lumpur where I met and accepted part time employment as a reconnaissance operative to a man who’s name you no doubt know by now. My former employer is and was Oliver Lowell. At the time of my employ I did not realize Mr. Lowell was a racist or that he would soon become a fugitive wanted by governments of half the world over.

At the time, I honestly thought Lowell worked for the World Bank and needed some help diverting some frozen funds out of a national bank account and back into the Humanitarian Aid program he said was his pet project.

But following the events of 7/27, and upon learning Lowell was a suspect, I dissolved my relationship with Lowell, but not before he gave me the account and bank routing numbers ostensibly belonging to his illegal operation. Shortly before the accounts were frozen, I was able to move a substantial sum into a personal escrow account, but I still need a trustworthy contact to help me make a series of discreet international transfers.

I’m still currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where I have been stranded since this God forsaken war broke out. I used to love it here, but there's so much conflict that now I’d like nothing better than to get back home to Nebraska as soon as possible. I’m sure I can finagle a trafficker and some fake passports and thereby get me and my family out –or at least to Australia. Personally, I’d like to come home rich and I figure Lowell owes me a substantial sum for my efforts.

I would therefore need your co-operation in moving out some funds from here back to the good old US of A, while I concentrate on the evacuation and relocation of myself and my loved ones.

For your help, I will be happy to share the funds with you according to a mutually agreed percentage, and not less than eight percent of the full sum.

The amount I need to transfer is: US $30,899,769.35

(THIRTY MILLION, EIGHT HUNDRED, NINETY-NINE THOUSAND, SEVEN HUNDRED SIXTY-NINE DOLLARS and THIRTY FIVE CENTS).

I figure this is all completely legal, by the way, as I’m just taking what I Lowell owes me, plus interest and an additional fee to cover the potential and probable damage to my reputation once I get back home and this gets in the press.

Please indicate your interest in working with me so that I can give you full details.

I heard there's a lot of power outages in the US now, and that may affect your ability to get online, but if I do not hear from you in 7 days, I shall consider it that you are not favorably disposed to accept my offer.

Sincerely,


Capt. Rudolph S. West, USMC Retired
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


*

So, just how pathetic is our species? No matter what’s going on in the world, there's still someone out there who's looking for his next helpless victim. –Terry