Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hala!

U.S. Embassy bombed in London! –Yikes, that's an act of war.


London, U.K. (December 15, 2006): In an extraordinary pre-emptive strike against a suspected PURE compound, Pan Moslem Coalition bombs hit the American Embassy in London last night.
©2006/ASIAN PACIFIC IMAGES

Good Morning and Death to the Great Satan!

–which no kidding is actually the exact phrase that woke me up and got me out of bed this morning. Turns out about a few thousand Malay protesters were celebrating the so-called 'accidental' strike against a U.S. target. The authorities here usually don't tolerate that sort of thing, but something tells me they'll probably let this one go.

Course 'Death to the Great Satan' doesn't have quite the same warm, inviting tone as, say 'Virginia Is For Lovers', but still, one has to admit, a pretty persuasive call to action, and even great branding in its own way.

Oh, and yes, Jasp, as a survivor of the event, I do very much sympathize with the victims of 7/27. But for what it's worth, I certainly don't think the senseless bombing the U.S. embassy in London is an appropriate act of retaliation.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I have any idea just what would be the right tact, so far be it from me to try and out strategize the generals. Just hope their ready when Uncle Sam aka The Great Satan starts reigning down a hail of fire on their heads.

Speaking of split allegiances, can anyone tell me how American Muslims are dealing with these recent events?

SIRAJ!